Saturday 18 December 2010

Bingo!

If everything goes according to the blueprints, I’ll be accepting humanitarian awards in Germany when this blog goes live.

You can call me a weasel if you must but this wise ginger knows when to stay well away from the political fallout that’s bound to ensure when my opinions are made public. And I don’t intend to be in the country when the Old Blazer finds out that I don’t agree with everything he says.

Publicity! That’s what this blog is about and I hope you accept it in the spirit in which it is written.

The simple fact is that I’m sick and tired of people telling me what I can or cannot do with my life. When the BBC recently approached the Red Tuft and asked if it would like to appear on ‘Strictly Come Dancing’, I said: ‘Sign me up a bronzed bird with a toothy grin and double-d cups taped down for the bolero.’ However, then the Old Blazer caught wind of my plans and the whole thing went the way of my guest appearance on ‘Mock The Week’.

It’s simply not fair.

How can a prince of the realm establish his celebrity credentials if his hastily formed opinions aren’t out there before the British public?

The Old Blazer is all over the news with his new hardback yawn and Will has a prime-time slot booked in the spring. Yet Yours Truly is going to find it difficult making down to the Loose Women studios without Special Branch standing in my way.

Hence this blog and the little treatise of mine that I’ve had Batemen, my personal valet, type up in his spare time and which is now available from Amazon.

The Red Revolution starts right here! And when I can find myself another napkin, I’ll write out a little more about what I intend to do with this blog.

Regius Gingiber!

No comments:

Post a Comment